[packman] [opensuse-factory] [Tumbleweed] mpv no longer plays movie files on samba share on Tumbleweed

İsmail Dönmez idoenmez at suse.de
Fri Mar 13 12:39:42 CET 2020

Hi,

On 13 Mar 07:35, Xu Zhao wrote:
> After a Tumbleweed update, mpv no longer plays movie files on a samba share of my NAS drive.
> The Tumbleweed version is 20200309.
>
> Opening the movie file from the commandline throws the following error:
>
> $ mpv smb://admin@192.168.0.100/share/movie/1.mp4
> [ffmpeg] Protocol not found. Make sure ffmpeg/Libav is compiled with networking support.
> Failed to open smb://admin@192.168.0.100/share/movie/1.mp4.
>
> I am using the following versions of ffmpeg and libav* from the Packman repository.
> ffmpeg4: 4.2.2-5.2
> libavdevice58: 4.2.2-5.2
> libavfilter7: 4.2.2-5.2
> libavformat58: 4.2.2-5.2
> libavresample4: 4.2.2-5.2
> libavutil56: 4.2.2-5.2
>
> I have seen a similar complaint on openSUSE forum which describes the exact same problem:
> https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/539418-tumbleweed-update-no-longer-can-play-videos-from-smb-share
>
> Does anything change recently on buliding the ffmpeg and/or mpv related packages?

mpv is now using ffmpeg for samba support:
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/28ea1ed296a4e241ee57d9748ff0cfa073e5219c
but looks like our ffmpeg is missing samba support. Will look into it.

Regards,
ismail

--
Aus so krummem Holze, als woraus der Mensch gemacht ist,
kann nichts ganz Gerades gezimmert werden. — Immanuel Kant

SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Felix Imendörffer (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)