[packman] ffmpeg-4 is unresolvable for Leap 42.3

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Wed Aug 15 14:09:01 CEST 2018

Moin,

On Tue, 14 Aug 2018, 19:51:16 +0200, Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
> Am Freitag, 10. August 2018, 20:05:38 schrieb Manfred Hollstein:
> > yep, as I wrote in another e-mail (see
> > <http://lists.links2linux.de/pipermail/packman/2018-August/015715.html>),
> > the value of %suse_version appears to be wrong. Normally, it is defined
> > in /usr/lib/rpm/suse_macros where it is set to 1315.
>
> TBH, I don't think that's the real reason.
> IMHO, it's rather that Packman's OBS didn't "pick up" the upstream changes in
> ffmpeg-4 for some reason and still uses outdated BuildRequires...
>
> Personally, I think I'd try to delete the package and re-create it fresh as a
> first try to fix it.
> I don't know if that would help though, but it's probably worth a try.

agreed, and it's probably actually caused by the typo Oliver mentioned
in his message:

  <http://lists.links2linux.de/pipermail/packman/2018-July/015701.html>

And, indeed, it looks like it could be the reason for the issues:

  <http://lists.links2linux.de/pipermail/packman/2018-July/015706.html>

So, perhaps wiping the whole A_42.3-ffmpeg-4 package and
re-creating/-branching it might actually fix the issues. Who can/will do
this? (My account confirmation/creation on PMBS is still waiting)

> Kind Regards,
> Wolfgang

Cheers.

l8er