[packman] mpv on OpenSUSE 42.2 status

Luigi Baldoni aloisio at gmx.com
Fri Jun 23 11:40:13 CEST 2017

Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 at 9:52 AM
From: "Jason Newton" <nevion at gmail.com>

> I'm not understanding who's supposed to be building mpv these days, since
> opensuse has it in it's official repos.
>
> https://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/show/Essentials/mpv shows that builds
> on 42.2 (and 42.3) are disabled.  Is that desired because I didn't think it
> should be.  There's version differences for one (0.22 vs 0.25).
> multimedia:apps apparently has it at 0.25 though.
>
> So should mpv users just install the distribution or multimedia:apps builds
> and install packman's ffmpeg...?  This sounds like shared library hell (and
> actually has been ever since I went to 42.2 back on release).

I had the same concerns in the past. Apparently the idea is to use whatever
is in 42.2:Update. Unless there are bugs or security holes to fix.

I think it could be updated now, but one should find a good reason for the mr.
I also think the mpv in Essentials built for 42.2 ought to be wiped clean
so to avoid this confusion.

Regards