[packman] rebuilding gstreamer every day?

Frederic Crozat fred at crozat.net
Mon Jun 20 10:00:08 CEST 2016

Le lun. 20 juin 2016 à 09:45, Olaf Hering <olaf at aepfle.de> a écrit :

> On Mon, Jun 20, Frederic Crozat wrote:
>
> > You seem to forget the entire mess it created for Packman users when
> ffmpeg
> > 3 became the "default" ffmpeg in Packman.
>
> What mess was that? Likely just the build breakage caused by the API
> change.

Just look at the archive of this ml about codec missing, for instance..

You seem to forget a majority of Leap users don't want (and sometime don't
know) how to fiddle with regression in packages. Not everybody is like you
or me (or people subscribed to this ml ;)

I think we should try to _link 42.2_{gstreamer,ffmpeg,whatever} to
> openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Leap:42.2:Update and see how it goes.
> Or should there be no gstreamer pkg at all for 42.2 because
> openSUSE:Leap:42.2 already links to ffmpeg?

linking to 42.2:Update would be indeed a good start, and using ffmpeg from
42.2:Update and enabling patented codecs from this project and publishing
the additional gstreamer packages from 42.2:Update (if any, I didn't check
source code) would probably be enough for Leap users. No need to have
everything up to date.

(PS: I switched to list only, no need to cc everybody involved since
everybody is subscribed).

Frédéric Crozat