[packman] rebuilding gstreamer every day?

Mathias Homann Mathias.Homann at opensuse.org
Thu Jun 16 15:22:32 CEST 2016

Am Donnerstag 16 Juni 2016, 15:00:03 schrieb Olaf Hering:
> On Thu, Jun 16, Mathias Homann wrote:
> > I'm getting the full load of gstreamer packages (and dependecies) as
> > updates almost every day, is it REALLY necessary to rebuild gstreamer
> > that often?
> Likely yes.
> What exactly changes? Usually each package is named like
> name-version-release, and the release part is divided by dots into
> checkin-counter and rebuild-counter. The latter is the last number and
> should remain at "1". If its constantly increasing something should be
> done about it.
>
> Olaf

According to the changelog in the gstreamer package from Essentials, *NOTHING*
has changed in over a month.

On pmbs it turns out that the package is just a link to
multimedia:libs/gstreamer from OBS... and the guy maintaining it is actually
rebuiling/updating almost every day 0.o

Cheers
MH
--
gpg key fingerprint: 5F64 4C92 9B77 DE37 D184  C5F9 B013 44E7 27BD 763C