[packman] Please update youtube-dl

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Thu Jul 21 04:32:36 CEST 2016

On 2016-07-21 03:59, Jimmy Berry wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 8:17 PM, Carlos E. R. <> wrote:

>> What version do you suggest users of, say, 13.1 use? We certainly do not
>> want to add the Factory repository.
>
> network:utilities of course. It appears to have an unresolved build
> due to make >= 4. Perhaps that something that can be resolved. 13.1
> was end of life'd, obviously evergreen through November. Download
> stats shows a whopping 3 downloads.

Counting all mirrors? :-?

Yes, 13.1 is Evergreen, but we users counted on Packman to keep current
versions of things :-)

> http://packman.links2linux.org/package/youtube-dl/729677
>
> If anything perhaps simply linking the package to the one in
> network:utilities would be a solution, but I would stop building it
> for >= 13.1 on packman as it a waste of resources.

I'm surprised that the version at packman has no differences. I read
that this particular package changes frequently to track changes at
youtube and others that try to impede downloaders from working.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.

  (from openSUSE Leap 42.1 x86_64 (test))