[packman] Please update youtube-dl

Jimmy Berry jimmy at boombatower.com
Thu Jul 21 03:59:06 CEST 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 8:17 PM, Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas at telefonica.net> wrote:
> On 2016-07-21 02:54, Jimmy Berry wrote:
>> The package is available from network:utilities (and
>> openSUSE:Factory). Perhaps the packman version should be removed. I
>> switching mine to the factory version and all seems well.
>>
>> Looking at the specs, there does not seem to be a difference that
>> would justify keeping the packman version.
>>
>> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network:utilities/youtube-dl
>>
>> I created an SR requesting it's deletion so folks with naturally use
>> the Factory version.
>>
>> https://pmbs.links2linux.de/request/show/2822
>>
>> Otherwise, if there is a reason feel free to deny it.
>

> What version do you suggest users of, say, 13.1 use? We certainly do not
> want to add the Factory repository.

network:utilities of course. It appears to have an unresolved build
due to make >= 4. Perhaps that something that can be resolved. 13.1
was end of life'd, obviously evergreen through November. Download
stats shows a whopping 3 downloads.

http://packman.links2linux.org/package/youtube-dl/729677

If anything perhaps simply linking the package to the one in
network:utilities would be a solution, but I would stop building it
for >= 13.1 on packman as it a waste of resources.