[packman] [PM] kodi 16.0-4.1(openSUSE_Leap 42.1/x86_64)

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Thu Apr 7 12:09:10 CEST 2016

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 11:26:48 +0200
Olaf Hering <olaf at aepfle.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 07, Lucian Vermeulen wrote:
>
> > Can you provide any direction or advice? This has only started in
> > the last day, since the Kodi v.16 update was put up, and I have no
> > way of reinstalling 15.2 (which worked just fine).
>
> Install the debuginfo, then run it from a terminal, like this:
>
> sudo zypper in kodi-debuginfo kodi-debugsource
> ulimit -c unlimited
> kodi
> gdb --readnow --core=./core -ex bt -ex quit 2>&1 | tee kodi.txt
>
> At the end gdb may print many missing debuginfo packages as a
> commandline, like 'zypper install ....'. Depending on the backtrace
> output you should install these packages.

Perhaps it is easier in the first place to look at the log file
cd ~/.kodi/temp
less kodi.log
Perhaps you can find the cause of your trouble there.

If that does not help, try renaming the .kodi directory:
mv ~/.kodi ~/.kodi.sic
and start kodi again. Your settings are gone, but kodi probably will
start.
You can go back to the old settings with
mv ~/.kodi.sic ~/.kodi

Greetings,

Stefan
--