[packman] VLC for OpenSUSE

David Kronlid david at kronlid.net
Sun Oct 5 12:00:04 CEST 2014

> > I contacted videolan a few VLC-versions ago when this problem first
> > happened, they told me to contact packman as they used your files.
> > Looks like I have to tell them again about this unsolved problem.
> > Where in which file is the information about dependencies stored so
> > that I can analyse the file and see what mistake they have made? The
> > repo is here: http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/13.1/
>
> Well, actually both videolan.org and Packman just link to the openSUSE vlc
> packages, as mentioned:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/multimedia:libs/vlc

It would seem that I have been misinformed by someone at videolan about the
process of creating the vlc packages at videolan. I'll continue the
discussion with them.

I still need to know where in which file(s) the dependencies are set so
that I can see what someone has done wrong or what my computer
misinterprets.

> > I don't use zypper when this problem happens, I use the automatic
> > update through the simple app that comes with OpenSUSE KDE.
>
> Yes, but you should try with zypper to see if the problem occurs there as
> well.

When I wrote to the list I only wanted to discuss the underlying cause of
the problem with the vlc updates at videolan. I had already solved the
problem temporarily, so there was never any reason to run "zypper up" in
the first place.

Now I have switched to packman, but I'll contact videolan again and discuss
more with them.

Thanks all for answering quickly!
/David
 Den 5 okt 2014 02:00 skrev "Wolfgang Bauer" <e9325712 at student.tuwien.ac.at