[packman] VLC for OpenSUSE

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Sat Oct 4 22:38:07 CEST 2014

On Sat, Oct 04, David Kronlid wrote:

> A few times during the last year I've received updates to VLC that aren't
> possible to install due to some bogus dependency problem. My OS is OpenSUSE
> 13.1 and I use the repository that fetches it's files from
> http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/13.1/x86_64/
> I've been told that this repo is maintained by packman (or the files
> originate from packman), and that I should discuss this with the packman
> people.

I think the videolan.org repo should not be used anymore. vlc is
maintained in OBS, and the uncrippled copy is compiled in packman.
Disable the videolan repo and try this command:
zypper ar -c -K -f http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_13.1/ remote-packman

If that still fails, please post the output of
zypper lr -d
env -i zypper -v -v dup -l 2>&1 | tee vlc.txt

Olaf