[packman] btsync

Guido Berhoerster guido+links2linux.de at berhoerster.name
Thu Mar 27 17:12:25 CET 2014

* Sascha Peilicke <speilicke at suse.com> [2014-03-27 16:18]:
> I'm maintaining bittorrent sync in the "network" OBS project currently.
> However, due to unclear licensing term and it being a binary-only tool, it's
> unlikely to enter Factory. So I'm wondering which of the Pacman repos
> (Essentials & co) would be best suited to host it instead.

The included license refers to
http://www.bittorrent.com/legal/terms-of-use which states in
section 4a:

    Any copying or redistribution of the Software is prohibited,
    including any copying or redistribution of the Software to
    any other server or location, redistribution or use on a
    service bureau basis.

So it looks like it cannot be legally hosted on either OBS or
Packman.
--
Guido Berhoerster