[packman] update codecs one-click-install

Marguerite Su i at marguerite.su
Sat Nov 16 11:39:48 CET 2013

Hi, friends,

I think maybe it's time to update our one-click-install file for codecs?

http://opensuse-community.org/1-click-collection

Many things have been changed through these years...and our
pre-claimed "one click, nothing more" mechanism doesn't cover the
whole codecs users need now.

I took a look at the .ymp file. Now for a new 13.1 installation it'll
just install:

libdvdcss2, libxine2-codecs, k3b-codecs, ffmpeg, lame,
gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg, gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad,
gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly, gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly-orig-addon.

I think this combination is old...eg: libxine2? KDE has been using
gstreamer as phonon backends for the entire 12.3...and
gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg has been dead upstream for about two
years (replaced by gstreamer-1_0-plugins-libav) and still stays at
ffmpeg 0.7 (we're 2.0 now), I did some port work to make it work with
2.0...but really this is a seldom used package now.

Here's my suggestion:

1. remove libxine2-codecs, it's optional now.
2. add gstreamer 1.2 codecs.
3. add libx264 codec (maybe it can be automatically pulled in)

So what do you think?

BTW: who can change that file/upload new ones on opensuse-community.org ?

Marguerite