[packman] problem with k3b

Markus Kohm markus.kohm at gmx.de
Fri Dec 17 08:57:00 CET 2010

Am Donnerstag 16 Dezember 2010 schrieb Ian House:
> I would really like to get this issue resolved as I am unable to use k3b
>  the way things are..

It's not a problem of k3b but of wodim or the device. Are you member of group
cdrom? AFAIK you have to be to habe write access to /dev/sr0

Have a look at `ls -l /dev/sr0':

brw-rw----+ 1 root cdrom 11, 0 17. Dez 08:18 /dev/sr0

To find out, if you are member of the group of /dev/sr0, use command `groups'.
It should show something like: "users disk cdrom" and maybe others. To change
your membership you may use YaST.

Markus