[packman] no MP3 on MuSE one click install

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Sat May 23 23:01:24 CEST 2009

Am Samstag, 23. Mai 2009 schrieb Iain Baker:
> hi,
Hi Iain,

> i wasn't sure who else to talk to about this, so sorry for disturbing
> you...
>
> I have installed MuSE using the one click install button, after
> already installing proprietary audio and video codecs onto my OpenSuse
> 11.1 box... but when i go to create a new icecast stream it only gives
> the options for ogg/vorbis.
>
> I need to stream in mp3 because of the way my third party icecast2
> host has themselves set up, so this is causing major problems.
>
> Hopefully its a really easy fix but i cant see what im missing... i
> have Lame 3.98.2 installed including lame-mp3rtp and lame-mp3x... and
> i have MuSE 0.9.2
>
> please tell me its something really easy
I consider this application as dead, no update since years (last release May
2006) ...

I did a rebuild of the package against the actual libs and uploaded it. It
seems that the mp3-support wasn't compiled in for 11.1 (perhaps the lame libs
where not available as I started the build for 11.1)

So try the new package and give a small feedback if it works now as expected
for you.

For the future you should look for a alternative to MuSE, it could happen that
this package will be dropped for the upcoming SuSE versions.

--
have fun
Toni