[packman] no MP3 on MuSE one click install

Iain Baker iain.dbaker at gmail.com
Sat May 23 21:34:50 CEST 2009

hi,
i wasn't sure who else to talk to about this, so sorry for disturbing you...

I have installed MuSE using the one click install button, after
already installing proprietary audio and video codecs onto my OpenSuse
11.1 box... but when i go to create a new icecast stream it only gives
the options for ogg/vorbis.

I need to stream in mp3 because of the way my third party icecast2
host has themselves set up, so this is causing major problems.

Hopefully its a really easy fix but i cant see what im missing... i
have Lame 3.98.2 installed including lame-mp3rtp and lame-mp3x... and
i have MuSE 0.9.2

please tell me its something really easy

yours hopefully

iain