[packman] packman's gstreamer and new banshee -> crashes

"Andrés G. Aragoneses" knocte at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 23:59:09 CET 2008

Toni wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 16. November 2008 schrieb Andrés G. Aragoneses:
>> Hi guys, are you aware of this problem?
>>
>> http://forums.opensuse.org/applications/multimedia/398625-banshee-crahses.h
>> tml
>
> ok, I found a patch in the gstreamer factory package for this issue.. New
> packages are uploaded.
>
> If it works now with banshee please give a feedback. If not I'll revert the
> gstreamer package again to the prior version and we'll wait for the next
> release :)

Hey thanks! Here's my feedback:

I upgraded the gstreamer packages that had an update. Then used Banshee
again, and it still crashed.

Went back again to the package manager app, saw that there was still an
update that I didn't apply: the ffmpeg package (I didn't see it because
it didn't contain the "gst*" prefix). But it turns out this update came
from the "Videolan" repository, not the packman one!

Anyway, after applying the latter, it worked :-m

	Andrés