[packman] CDnavigator-0.7.1-0.pm.1 for openSUSE 10.2

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Sun Feb 3 14:36:30 CET 2008

Am Sonntag, 3. Februar 2008 schrieb Erwin Lam:
> Hello,
>
> There seems to be a dependency problem with CDnavigator-0.7.1-0.pm.1 for
> openSUSE 10.2.
>
> When you install the package, it also wants
> CDnavigator-postgresql-0.7.1-0.pm.1
>
> However, when you start CDnavigator, the program complains because it
> wants its hsqldb backend: CDnavigator-hsqldb-0.7.1-0.pm.1
>
> So, I think there is a dependency problem. Could somebody have a look at
> this?
the package needs ONE package which provides: CDnavigator-Backend

and there are several packages providing this backend:
CDnavigator-hsqldb
CDnavigator-oracle
CDnavigator-mysql
CDnavigator-postgresql
so you have to choose ONE of those. AFAIR smart takes the first match if you
do a smart install CDnavigator, the behaviour of YaST I don't know (I'm not
using it).

and in the NOTE of the package you find:
NOTE:
The package is preconfigured for hsqldb. For other databases
like MySQL, Oracle, postgres see README and INSTALL and install
the needed package CDnavigator-oracle, CDnavigator-mysql or
CDnavigator-postgresql. The sample config files can be found in
/usr/share/CDnavigator/etc.

So the "normal" user chooses CDnavigator AND CDnavigator-hsqldb as long he
doesn't need a real database server like postgres or mysql. And so I
preconfigured the package for hsqldb.

--
have fun
Toni