[packman] Glame doesn't recognize esound

David Herman mesamoo115 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 29 20:50:08 CET 2008

On Monday 29 December 2008, Toni wrote:
> Am Montag, 29. Dezember 2008 schrieb David Herman:
> > Can't be installed w/ yast (openSuSE 11.1, 64bit). Claims it
> > can't find esound >= 0.2 but suse (multimtedi/audio) repos
> > provide 0.2.39.
>
> seems that esound was dropped beetween openSuSE-11.1RC2 and final
> version from the openSuSE distribution.
>
> You can install esound from the multimedia/audio repo and try if
> it works, otherwise glame will be dropped in packman repo for
> openSuSE >= 11.1
>
> > Thanks for everything

I have s-sound from the multimtedi/audio repo but still Glame
doesn't recognize it. Glame did build easily from source though.

BTW I believe Tritonus has the same missing dependency.
Specifically Tritonus-esd (which is a dependency for tritonus)
needs e-sound.

Should I report this seperately?

thanks for everything

--