[packman] Re: [opensuse] Bye all

Joop Boonen joop_boonen at web.de
Sun Nov 4 20:21:01 CET 2007

Hello Aniruddha,

I don't know if ever been at the fosdem in Belgium:
http://www.fosdem.org/ . There have been quite a few discussions how to
handle the buildservice tree. I think it would be very good if you'd
come to the fosdem, as  i assume de openSuSE people will also been
there. The  people at openSuSE are very open to improvements. I'd say
come to the fosdem. You'll also be able to meet up with gentoo people as
they are also there at least last year.

By the way i think it's impossible to give security guaranties for tries
that are maintained by maintainers who are doing it in their space time.
Also because some packages might be maintained by one person. If the
person is not able to build the fixed package, for what ever reason,
after a fixed security bug you end up with a potentially dangerous
package. I cant imagine this doesn't apply for gentoo.

By the way I'm very happy with and thankful for  the people who use the
spare time building and maintaining packages and doing other work for
openSuSE.

Regards,

Joop.