[packman] [PM] ffmpeg 0.4.9 (SuSE 10.1/i686)

Lee Matheson lee at matheson.net
Fri Jun 16 20:44:11 CEST 2006

Please, could you check the audio compatibility of ffmpeg with x264
format?

Babel Fish translation: Bitte konnten Sie die Audiokompatibilität von
ffmpeg mit Format x264 überprüfen?

I've been trying to use ffmpeg to play and decode audio from a high
resolution x264 file, and the audio has not been playing properly, nor
decoding properly.  Instead ffmplay plays the audio at about 1/20th the
speed it should be play (ie a very slow unintelligble bass sound).

For example, I tried "ffmplay file.X264.HiDef.mp4" and while the file's
video displays fine, the audio plays too slow.  My pc is an athlon-2800.

The file does play well under the latest mplayer-1.0pre8 (both audio and
video) .

I have installed from Packman:
faad2-2.0.0.8pm installed.
ffmpeg-0.4.9.5.pm.svn20060610
x264-0.0svn20060425-10
plus I have the latest packman versions for all of the other Packman
dependencies for ffmpeg.

I was wondering if this ffmpeg audio problem with the mp4 faad is
because of an option not being enabled during the build of ffmpeg?

Babel Fish translation: Ich wunderte mich, wenn dieses ffmpeg Problem
wegen einer Wahl ist, die nicht während des Baus von ffmpeg ermöglicht
wird?

Thank you,
Danke,

Lee Matheson

Details of the file (according to idvid):
               File: file.X264.HiDef.mp4
              Width: 960 pixels
             Height: 528 pixels
       Aspect ratio: 1.81:1