[packman] Re: [PM] ffmpeg 0.4.9 (SuSE 10.1/i686)

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Fri Jun 16 21:22:25 CEST 2006

Am Freitag, 16. Juni 2006 20:44 schrieb Lee Matheson:
> Please, could you check the audio compatibility of ffmpeg with x264
> format?

x264 is the video encoding format. It shouldn't make any difference what
video codec is used for playing the audio part.

> I've been trying to use ffmpeg to play and decode audio from a high
> resolution x264 file, and the audio has not been playing properly,
> nor decoding properly.  Instead ffmplay plays the audio at about
> 1/20th the speed it should be play (ie a very slow unintelligble bass
> sound).

Do you have a url to a example, I can use to test?

> For example, I tried "ffmplay file.X264.HiDef.mp4" and while the
> file's video displays fine, the audio plays too slow.  My pc is an
> athlon-2800.
>
> The file does play well under the latest mplayer-1.0pre8 (both audio
> and video) .

Then use MPlayer ;-)

> I was wondering if this ffmpeg audio problem with the mp4 faad is
> because of an option not being enabled during the build of ffmpeg?

No, there isn't a missing option. The problem is, there are no ffmpeg
releases since a long time. Last release is so old you can't use it for
most things today and depending programs need more recent versions. I'm
building from the ffmpeg development tree from time to time and there
may be on or the other problem at my checkout time.

PS: Forget Bable Fish translations, my english is bad, but Bable Fish's
    german is poor.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/