[packman] GCompris and SuSE9.3

Mogens Jaeger mogensjaeger at get2net.dk
Wed May 18 14:41:39 CEST 2005

Hello

I am writing to you, in the hope to get some help.

I have lately upgraded to the 9.3 from 9.2, and now I can't get the
GCompris to work.

I have downloaded all the needing rpm's, but when running the: rpm -i
*.rpm, All I get is an error saying:
Failed dependencies:
        libpython2.3.so.1.0 is needed by gcompris-6.5.3-0.pm.0

I can see, that I have the 'libpython2.4.so.1.0' installed, so I made a
link, so that 'libpython2.3.so.1.0' pointed at 'libpython2.4.so.1.0'

But still no go.

Is there a 'smart' way for me to fix this - besides ofcource, having you
to build a version of the GCompris for the SuSE9.3 ;-)

A lot of thanks for your great work, helping us having our SuSE up-to-date

Thanks in advance

--
mvh Mogens Jæger