[packman] libheif vs. openjpeg2

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Tue Aug 20 20:41:55 CEST 2024

Hi there,

- for Packman packagers only, unless you are interested -

this message is to inform the other Packman packagers about what I have
done in order to get the mess around libheif sorted.

libheif fails to build on Leap 15.x since several weeks; reason for this
is, that package openjpeg2 no longer provides what libheif expects. A
newer version of openjpeg2 solves this issue, while it maintains API and
ABI compatibility. I have therefore created a new package "A_15.x-openjpeg2"
which links to "openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Factory/openjepeg2"; the latter is
just waiting for the approval to be accepted to openSUSE:Factory:

  <https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/1194941>

When that will be available in PMBS, we need to wait for another
approval in openSUSE:Factory resp. multimedia:libs:

  <https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/1194725>

because an unpackaged file/symbolic link need to be added to the files
list of a particular subpackage.

Until then, please ignore any error messages you may be receiving about
build failure of Essentials/libheif; they'll be sorted out when the
above gets accepted.

Cheers.

l8er
manfred