[packman] obs-studio package has spurious dependency on syslog-ng

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Tue May 30 23:12:02 CEST 2023

Hi Arnav,

Am Samstag, 27. Mai 2023, 04:14:37 CEST schrieb Arnav Singh:
> Hello, the obs-studio package for OpenSUSE Tumbleweed x86_64
> now has a dependency on a provider of libcef.so:
>

> $ zypper info --requires obs-studio
>
> Information for package obs-studio:
> -----------------------------------
> Repository     : Packman
> Name           : obs-studio
> Version        : 29.0.2-1699.3.pm.2
> Requires       : [175]
>     libcef.so()(64bit)
>

> As a result, installing this package pulls in syslog-ng from
> TW's OSS repo, because:
>

> $ zypper info --provides syslog-ng

> Provides       : [45]
>     libcef.so()(64bit)
>

> Obviously the two libcef.so are not the same. obs-studio is
> talking about Chromium Embedded Framework while syslog-ng is talking
> about Common Event Format.
>
> obs-studio-29.0.2-1699.2.pm.5 from last week does not have
> this requirement, it is new in some version between that and
> the current 29.0.2-1699.3.pm.2 . Perhaps due to
> https://pmbs.links2linux.org/request/show/5781 ?

I have seen this SR somewhere before ;-)

Thanks for the heads-up and correct analysis.

If you carefully check the SR link, you can see, we try hard to escape from
dependency hell already, but..

the line:
%global __requires_exclude ^libcef\\.so$
seems to not properly exclude the damn libcef.so thingy.

Hopefully my latest submission fits the bill now, and I can proceed with
figuring out, what fails the builds of OBS 29.1.1 on Leaps (in my home)!

Feedback welcome.

Cheers,
Pete