[packman] Kodi+Wayland+Widevine

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Tue May 23 15:32:23 CEST 2023

Moin,

On Mon, 22 May 2023, 23:28:02 +0200, Ailin Nemui wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> I'm having a specific issue with Kodi on Tumbleweed with Wayland and
> encrypted content (e.g. Netflix) on an Intel card. Nice pink stars on
> black background is all I get to see (ex.
> https://a.uguu.se/NkDqXfnj.png )
>
> If I compile Kodi with GLES instead of GL, I can fix this issue and get
> back the video stream. Does anyone can foresee if such a change can be
> proposed? I'm not sure what/if it would break for other users
> (X11/other gfx cards)

I have to admit that I

 (a) don't use Wayland (and probably never will)
 (b) don't want to use any encrypted content

:( This means I cannot really comment on effects on other users.
BUT, if you can share the changes you did, I can test if those will work
on my configuration, too, which is X11 on an Intel on-CPU GPU (various
models). We can then see how to move forward.

> Thoughts?

Cheers.

l8er
manfred