[packman] Kodi Tumbleweed symbol not found error - Kodi won't start!

Steven Swart steven.swart at gmail.com
Thu May 18 13:12:50 CEST 2023

Thank you, all, and Manfred!

After some investigation and experimentation, I located the source of the
problem. It was my hacky method of installing the ProjectM visualisation
addon.

Briefly, libspdlog was updated from v 1.9.2 to 1.11 at some point. The
Flatpak version has received no updates for quite some time. I tried
various hacky methods again, like changing the symlinks to the .so files,
but they are binary incompatible, and that just doesn't work.

The only solution is to build the ProjectM addon from source.

I will do that shortly, and post an update about how to do that.

Kind regards,
Steven.