[packman] [Multimedia] REQ: Please enable build of kodi for aarch64 on TW

Stefan Seyfried stefan.seyfried at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 24 15:35:32 CET 2023

On 24.01.23 11:51, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> as per $SUBJECT, can one of the Multimedia maintainers enable the build
> of kodi for aarch64, please? While there exists a kodi-devel built for
> aarch64 from kodi-noX-rasperry-pi (see
> https://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/binary/download/Multimedia/kodi-noX-raspberry-pi/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/aarch64/kodi-devel-20.0-1.2.noarch.rpm),
> it doesn't get picked up for building kodi.binary-addons:

an old version for aarch64 was lying around in disabled
Multimedia/kodi/aarch64

I did "osc wipebinaries --build-disabled" in MM/kodi and now this

>    $ osc -A pmbs buildinfo Multimedia kodi.binary-addons openSUSE_Tumbleweed aarch64
>    <buildinfo project="Multimedia" repository="openSUSE_Tumbleweed" package="kodi.binary-addons" downloadurl="http://pmbs-api.links2linux.de:8080/">

shows

<buildinfo project="Multimedia" repository="openSUSE_Tumbleweed"
package="kodi.binary-addons"
downloadurl="http://pmbs-api.links2linux.de:8080/">
   <arch>aarch64</arch>
   <srcmd5>0f2ffbb253704a3b484c93dedc113e8a</srcmd5>
   <verifymd5>85ec8e6a9b3ee04feb2d5a539a1a47ed</verifymd5>
   <rev>53</rev>
   <specfile>kodi.binary-addons.spec</specfile>
   <file>kodi.binary-addons.spec</file>
   <versrel>20.0-3</versrel>
   <bcnt>1</bcnt>
   <release>3.1</release>
   <debuginfo>1</debuginfo>
   <subpack>kodi.binary-addons</subpack>
   <subpack>kodi.binary-addons-audiodecoder.2sf</subpack>
   <subpack>kodi.binary-addons-audiodecoder.2sf-debuginfo</subpack>

> Although I am the package maintainer together with Sagi, we are not
> allowed to make that change ourselves :(

This change would have only increased the load on my poor lonely
configured-for-8GB-Worker, so I did not want to make it ;-)
(kodi is configured for more RAM and disk than kodi-noX-raspberry-pi, so
it can only build on the one "big" ARM worker, which is a real waste of
resources. Actually the only reason for having the 8GB worker at all is
that some users have kodi on aarch64 enabled in their home repos and
thus the "pending packages" count will never go to zero, confusing my
power-on-of-boot-shutdown-automation for the aarch64 workers :-)

The cleanup of the disabled binaries, you could have made on your own,
though :-P

Let's see if this helped, once the current rebuild wave is finished.

Best regards,
--
Stefan Seyfried