[packman] AMD Radeon 600 series, Leap 15.4, VLC DVD player

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp
Thu Jan 19 07:52:19 CET 2023

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [packman] AMD Radeon 600 series, Leap 15.4, VLC DVD player
  Date & Time: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 07:57:30 +0200

[SS] == Steven Swart <steven.swart at gmail.com> has written:

[...]
SS>  After I got your email, I installed the x265 package, and I also installed
SS>  xvidcore from source. It didn't make any difference to the output of
SS>  vdpauinfo.

Install the same version of libx264-devel and libx265-devel as the
x264 and x265 libraries, then build.

[...]
SS>  I assume that this is a limitation of the card, and not the drivers?

I'm curious about this too.
 AMD is making major architectural changes every year.
What is your card?

Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡 野宮  賢                         mail-to: m.nomiya+pack @ gmail.com
┃\/彡
┗━━┛       " Today’s China is not the old China humiliated and bullied over
	       100 years ago. It is time for these people to wake up from their
	       imperial dream."

              -- Hua Chunying’s Regular Press Conference on August 4, 2022 --