[packman] Mesa-32bit

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 17 08:33:59 CET 2023

Hi Michael,

On Mon, 2023-01-16 at 18:41 +0100, mikey wrote:
> Sorry I'm fairly new to using your repository, so please excuse me if this
> isn't the right forum for asking this question.
>
> I have the Mesa and Mesa-32bit installed on version 22.3.2 and there is a
> new version of Mesa 22.3.3 in your repo, but it would seem no corresponding
> 32 bit package.
>
> According to zypper info the source package for Mesa-32bit is the same as
> for Mesa. So has something changed or is there some type of delay in
> publishing the 32 bit package?

Some components of the build system software are not as reliable as we
would like to have them, and sometimes a component, that decides and
directs which packages when and how to build just stalls. In this case
you see mismatches of package versions between architectures. Once the
scheduler is restarted, all unbuilt packages will be built and - with a
slight delay published.
Meanwhile Mesa-32bit should be ready for installation in your desired
version.

Greetings,

Stefan
--