[packman] streamripper auf Thumbleweed

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sun Jan 15 13:32:54 CET 2023

Hi Peer,

I've reproduced your experience, but as you might have noticed yourself, the
package has seen no love from its developers some 2009.

After tidying up the package spec, I rebuilt it with LTO disabled, which gave
slightly better results, but overall, the package suffers from quite some
issues (doesn't cope with redirects, calls some functions recursively until
stack is exhausted, and the like).

I submitted it to Multimedia now, but don't expect too much. Hopefully, it
doesn't crash on invocation without arguments anymore.

Best,
Pete
--
Life without chameleons is possible, but pointless.