[packman] A_tw-libqt4 is a linked package but differs from the link source

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Fri Feb 24 10:49:34 CET 2023

Hi Stefan,

On Wed, 22 Feb 2023, 18:06:35 +0100, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> On 22.02.23 15:25, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Feb 2023, 12:46:59 +0100, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > the package A_tw-libqt4 fails since quite some time due to a patch which
> > > cannot be applied. I took a look and found out the following:
> > >
> > >    1. Multimedia/A_tw-libqt4 links to remote openSUSE.org:KDE:Qt/libqt4
> > >    2. Comparing both packages results in lots of differences, e.g. the
> > >       failing patch does not even exist in openSUSE.org:KDE:Qt/libqt4
> > >
> > > Does anybody have an idea, what could be reason for this? I would have
> > > expected that both packages are identical...
> > >
> > > I could remove and re-create the package again, but I prefer to actually
> > > know, how this could develop!
> >
> > I have now branched the same package to our Staging project using:
> >
> >    $ osc -A pmbs branch openSUSE.org:KDE:Qt libqt4 Staging A_tw-libqt4
> >
> > and enabled openSUSE_Tumbleweed as the only build architecture. Build
> > doesn't start and checking the package doesn't look good either:
> >
> >    $ osc -A pmbs buildinfo Staging A_tw-libqt4 openSUSE_Tumbleweed x86_64
> >    <buildinfo project="Staging" repository="openSUSE_Tumbleweed" package="A_tw-libqt4" downloadurl="http://pmbs-api.links2linux.de:8080">
> >      <arch>x86_64</arch>
> >      <error>excluded</error>
> >      <srcmd5>0d715460b0515c112503c2adef548560</srcmd5>
> >      <verifymd5>9b8490225476a74f0c0575d5df297074</verifymd5>
> >      <rev>1</rev>
> >      <debuginfo>0</debuginfo>
> >    </buildinfo>
> >
> > @Stefan, could this indicate some problems with the pmbs-api interface?
>
> I don't think so (different Stefan, but anyway :-)
>
> You linked a package with two spec file but your link has a name not
> matching those spec files, so OBS does not know what to build and thus
> excludes both spec files.
>
> You need to add a _multibuild file or remove one of those spec files.

Of course, I hate these package with multiple .spec files... Thanks for
the hint/explanation!

Does anybody know if that package is still needed? I mean
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/KDE:Qt probably doesn't include
the message

  Note that Qt 4 support ended in 2015 and these packages should not be used anymore.

without a reason...

Cheers.

l8er
manfred