[packman] PMBS vs OBS - what are the differences wrt/ project configurations?

Henne Vogelsang hvogel at hennevogel.de
Fri Feb 3 12:20:17 CET 2023

Hey,

On 03.02.23 10:14, Manfred Hollstein wrote:

> I've been fighting with the package libheif not building in PMBS during
> the past few days. I always fails due to the build directory being
> stored in the built programs as an internal RPATH. The package is linked
> from openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Factory where no error occurs. I found a
> patch for it using "chrpath" to delete such RPATH elements in a program.
>
> Can anyone explain why this is necessary when building in PMBS and it is
> not needed when building in OBS? I fail to see a reason...

This has nothing to do with OBS instances. It's the repository that
matters. Just because a repository is called openSUSE_Tumbleweed it
isn't neccesarry openSUSE Tumbleweed. The name doesn't matter, the
included paths do. In this case

Staging/openSUSE_Tumbleweed
is Multimedia/openSUSE_Tumbleweed
is Essentials/openSUSE_Tumbleweed
is openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Tumbleweed/standard

While openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Factory builds only against the last path in
your chain.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang