[packman] TW20230129: unmet dependecies on VLC and MPlayer

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp
Wed Feb 1 08:16:14 CET 2023

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [packman] TW20230129: unmet dependecies on VLC and MPlayer
  Date & Time: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 07:10:31 +0100

[MH] == Mathias Homann <Mathias.Homann at opensuse.org> has written:

[...]
MH>>>  I guess vlc and mplayer need to be rebuilt?

MN>> Rebuilding does not change the situation.
MN>> So your solution is to install libBasicUsageEnvironment.so.1.

MH>  no. the proper solution would be a MPlayer that does not require
MH>  libBasicUsageEnvironment.so.1()(64bit) as this library is not available in
MH>  current TW anymore, by rebuilding it like vlc-noX just was.

Recently, I built vlc 3.0.18 on 20 January following the release of
live555 on 19 January, but vlc-nox still requires
libBasicUsageEnvironment.so.1.

The  live555 is only as of 19 January.

MPlayer is a static build, but I built it in a way that is compatible
with libBasicUsageEnvironment2.

Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡 野宮  賢                         mail-to: m.nomiya+pack @ gmail.com
┃\/彡
┗━━┛  "No Windows, no gains!" ... "Why, I am wrong?"
                                                -- Bill --