[packman] Broken OBS Studio on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sat Apr 22 12:36:23 CEST 2023

Am Donnerstag, 20. April 2023, 20:41:58 CEST schrieb Kreml Rumatschov:
> Dear Packman maintainers,
>
> It appears that the OBS Studio package is broken on the openSUSE Tumbleweed
> distribution due to a lack of the libavdevice59 package by default.
> Reinstalling the package fixes OBS Studio. Please add the package to the
> dependency list or contact the maintainers of the respective repositories.

Hi Kreml,

would you please elaborate on how you installed the package, including mention
the relevant repositories, e.g. output of "zypper lr -u" and "zypper in obs-
studio".

As written on this list on Tuesday, installing obs-studio with zypper dragged
in the respective packages, hence I would like to understand, why this fails
for you:

> $ zyp in obs-studio
> [...]
> Selecting 'obs-studio-29.0.2-1599.1.pm.9.x86_64' from repository 'Packman'
> for installation.
> Resolving package dependencies...
> Force resolution: No
>
> The following 3 recommended packages were automatically selected:
>   libinput-udev          1.23.0-1.1
>   libqt5-qttranslations  5.15.8+kde0-1.2
>   zeromq-tools           4.3.4-4.2
>
> The following 88 NEW packages are going to be installed:
>   libaom3                3.6.0-1.2
>   libavcodec59           5.1.2-1599.19.pm.6
>   libavformat59          5.1.2-1599.19.pm.6
>   libavutil57            5.1.2-1599.19.pm.6
>
> [...]

> With kind regards from Uzbekistan,
> Kreml. R.

Cheers,