[packman] Problems with OBS Studio on TW

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sun Apr 16 17:59:21 CEST 2023

Am Samstag, 15. April 2023, 10:16:08 CEST schrieb kocelfc at tutanota.com:
> Hey, there are some issues with OBS, I am running Gnome wayland. First of
> all, when I installed obs-studio, it couldn't be started at all due to some
> qt wayland plugin missing, which made me install qt5-wayland manually.
> Second, the program crashes before starting properly: "Failed to create aac
> streaming encoder (simple output)". A few relevant or irrelevant lines I
> found when starting it from the terminal include:
>
> error:
> os_dlopen(/usr//lib64/obs-plugins/obs-ffmpeg.so->/usr//lib64/obs-plugins/ob
> s-ffmpeg.so): libavdevice.so.59: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
>
> warning: Module '/usr//lib64/obs-plugins/obs-ffmpeg.so' not loaded
> error:
> os_dlopen(/usr//lib64/obs-plugins/obs-filters.so->/usr//lib64/obs-plugins/o
> bs-filters.so): libspeexdsp.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory error: Failed to get properties for encoder ''
> (ffmpeg_aac)
> error: Could not enumerate any AAC encoder bitrates
> error: Failed to create aac streaming encoder (simple output)

Hmm, you should have libavdevice59 installed:

$ rpm -qf $(locate libavdevice.so.59) | uniq
libavdevice59-5.1.2-82.4.x86_64

$ rpm -qf $(locate libspeexdsp.so.1) | uniq
libspeexdsp1-1.2.1-1.3.x86_64

My release numbers may differ from yours.

All these libs should come from Packman of course.

How did you install obs? Did you added Packman's Multimedia and Essentials
repos?

As for the qt5-wayland dep, thanks for the heads up, will look for a better
solution.. Is libqt5-qtwayland the package, that you installed manually?

Best,
Pete
--
Life without chameleons is possible, but pointless.