[packman] glibc 2.36 update in Tumbleweed causes makemkv 1.17.1-1.5 to launch with fatal error

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Wed Sep 7 10:57:41 CEST 2022

Hi Burgess,

On Sun, 28 Aug 2022, 16:36:15 +0200, Burgess Meredith wrote:
> glibc 2.36 has now reached openSUSE Tumbleweed in the 20220827 snapshot.
> The message "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit." appears when
> launching MakeMKV after updating Tumbleweed.

thanks for the bug report! I didn't use makemkv for quite a while which
is why I haven't seen the failure myself - but I can reproduce it here
now, too.

> There is discussion of this on the MakeMKV forum
> https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28856 and on the
> Arch AUR page https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/makemkv

I have created a new patch for the two issues described in the forum.
Unfortunately PMBS doesn't appear to pick up any build requests at the
moment, so I have to build the package locally. When the tests show some
proper results, I'll report it here again and commit the changes.

Until then PMBS should be fixed, though! @Stefan, can you please have a
look at it? Thx!

Cheers.

l8er