[packman] obs-studio-28.1.1-2.1 requires libcef.so()(64bit) but this cannot be provided

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Mon Nov 14 20:16:47 CET 2022

Am Montag, 14. November 2022, 18:18:49 CET schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
> Am Montag, 14. November 2022, 17:17:02 CET schrieb Freek de Kruijf:
> > When updating Tumbleweed I got the error in the subject. libcef.so seems
> > be part of the packet obs-studio-28.0.3-2.1, but is apparently missing in
> > the new version.
>
> Goosh, two quick solutions, until I fixed the build: forced install, or
> install spotify-client.
>
> Yep, I'm serious.
>
> Explanation: obs-studio contains this lib:
>
> $ l /usr/lib64/obs-plugins/libcef.so
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 187712736 Jan 22  2022
> /usr/lib64/obs-plugins/libcef.so $ rpm -qf /usr/lib64/obs-plugins/libcef.so
> obs-studio-28.1.1-14.1.x86_64
>
> but those libs are plugins and poorly named as such.
>
> I excluded the provides from the build already: __provides_exclude_from
> already, and will do so with __requires_exclude_from later this night...

Sorry, was in a hurry for diner before.

The libcef.so *is* available to obs-studio, but it is not provided as
mentioned above, but the obs-studio package still requires this lib..

Didn't notice this problem before, because my spotify-client installation
provided libcef.so (also due to a similar packaging issue).

I submitted the obs-studio fix now, and it will be available as soon as the
build succeeds and is synced to the public as usual.

Cheers,
Pete
--
Life without chameleons is possible, but pointless.