[packman] Supplements missing in Packman repositories (createrepo issue)

Lukáš Krejza gryffus at hkfree.org
Wed May 25 15:34:22 CEST 2022

Dear Packman,

I have discovered, that all Packman packages are missing "Supplements:"
dependency. During investigation I found, that the packages themselves contain
it, but it is missing from primary.xml.gz, which is generated by createrepo i
believe.

You can check this with:

curl -L "http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/packman/suse/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/
repodata/primary.xml.gz"|zcat |grep supplements|wc -l

and compare with for example OSS repository:

curl -L "http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/repodata/
e29fac71347fcd31da42b149614449997adc8a3634964098ae8c84406992dd04-
primary.xml.gz"|zcat |grep supplements|wc -l

There were some reports, that was probably caused by this, for example [1] . I
believe it causes more unreported issues.

Is there anything I can do to help resolve this?

Thanks.

[1]: https://lists.opensuse.org/archives/list/factory@lists.opensuse.org/
thread/EYM5LND5HMLWIWAEAYKQGXYNFY4KKO2N/

Regards,
Gryffus