[packman] Kodi doesn't build for Tumbleweed anymore

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Sun May 1 09:53:08 CEST 2022

Hi there,

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022, 21:18:30 +0200, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2022, 20:47:53 +0200, Ailin Nemui wrote:
> > >
> > > good question! @Ailin Nemui <ailin.nemui at gmail.com>: you requested to
> > > add the wayland stuff recently, do you actually use it? Does it work?
> >
> > Yes, it works perfect (before it stopped building). Without wayland,
> > Kodi is unusable on Wayland (severe UI lag).
> >
> > I hope you can restore it.
>
> OK, thanks for your feedback. I guess that creating the
>
>   A_tw-waylandpp
>
> package linking to openSUSE.org:X11:Wayland/waylandpp is the proper
> solutions then!

the last successfull build of Kodi was on Apr 23, but that package
cannot be installed on a TW snapshot since the waylandpp package got
removed from openSUSE:Factory!

We should come to a conclusion to allow new users to install Kodi on
their systems again:

  (a) Add A_tw-waylandpp to Essentials or Multimedia, or
  (b) disable Nei's patch which pulls in the wayland packages

I'm not biased as I don't use Wayland, but we need to make the package
installable again!

Cheers.

l8er
manfred