[packman] Repo setup of Multimedia for openSUSE_Leap_15.3 broken

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Mon Mar 14 15:46:02 CET 2022

Hi Olaf,

On Mon, 14 Mar 2022, 14:50:08 +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
> Mon, 14 Mar 2022 10:48:58 +0100 Manfred Hollstein <manfred.h at gmx.net>:
>
> >  <https://pmbs.links2linux.org/request/show/5534>
>
> Please have a look what is done in kodi.git.
>
> Typically software does some sort of `pkgconfig --exists 'string[ >= version]'` to decide if required (or optional) functionality is available in the build environment. If this is the case for samba, use 'BuildRequires: pkgconfig(string) [>= version]' in spec files. Hard rpm package names will cause trouble if packages are renamed.

That's what I was looking after actually, but unfortunately the new
packages don't have a unique "pkgconfig(string)" which makes them
distinguishable enough, at least not from the PMBS config point of view.
The change wouldn't be necessary, if Essentials would get an additional

  <path project="openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Leap:15.3" repository="standard"/>

*after* the existing

  <path project="openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Leap:15.3:Update" repository="standard"/>

which is what I suggested in my second e-mail.

Without the base repo in the path list, the resolver isn't able to
deduce that it should install package "samba-devel" instead of
"libsmbclient-devel", thus resulting in the conflicts list.

I'm afraid, the two options I suggested so far are the only ones I can
come up with :(

> Olaf

Cheers.

l8er