[packman] [PM] pipewire-lang package is uninstallable due to version mismatch

Stefan Seyfried stefan.seyfried at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 12 10:30:23 CET 2022

On 11.02.22 21:52, Bjørn Lie wrote:

> fr., feb. 11 2022 at kl. 15.34 -0500 -0500 skrev S. <sb56637 at gmail.com>
> følgende:
>> Hi, pipewire-lang is currently not installable when Packman is set at
>> a higher priority because PipeWire is now at
>> version 0.3.45 whereas pipewire-lang from Packman still depends on
>> version 0.3.43.
>> I imagine that pipewire-lang should probably be removed from Packman.
>
> I noticed the same thing, see my email to list
>
> https://lists.links2linux.de/pipermail/packman/2022-January/017024.html
>
> pipewire-lang is removed, but since the aarch64 builders are down, the
> old full pipewire suite exists for aarch64 and armv7l, and hence also
> the noarch lang package produced by it (same with
> gstreammer-plugins-ugly-lang and probably more).

I have set up a spare raspberry pi3 as aarch64 builder yesterday and it
is chewing (slowly... ;-)) through the backlog.
Next week a Pi400, an SSD and an USB3-SATA connector will arrive and
then replace the raspi3 with someting more powerful

> Check https://pmbs.links2linux.org/monitor -> select aarch64, timeframe
> 1 month
> and
> Essentials aarch64 openSUSE_Tumbleweed have had pending  blocked: 14
> scheduled: 33 for aarch for "ages" due to this.
> armv7l have unresolvable: 1 blocked: 18 scheduled: 29 - but they are all
> waiting for workers that are not there at the moment.

I'm not yet sure if the aarch64 worker will pick up armv7l build jobs
also. If not, I'll later try to repurpose the raspi3 as an armv7l box.
The only "real" armv7l box I have is a bananapi m2 zero, but that one
only has 512MB of RAM which will make it a very low performance OBS worker.
--
Stefan Seyfried