[packman] Publishing non-functional again?

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Sat Mar 5 11:24:23 CET 2022

Hi Manfred,

:
> > Until half an hour ago there have been no builds on Tumbleweed since
> > Feb
> > 27th, and there was no problem with the schedulers on PMBS.
>
> which is not true! If you look at
>
>   <
> https://pmbs.links2linux.org/packages/MakeMKV/job_history/Multimedia/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64
> >

> you can see that new packages have been built on February 28, 2022
> 08:29 and they haven't arrived at the PMBS repo at
>
>   <
> http://pmbs.links2linux.de:8080/Multimedia/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64/
> >

> > I believe this is correct, and you were also right - PMBS repos are
> > filled immediately, and no "expensive" publishing steps are
> > necessary.
>
> Still they don't show up there :(
>
> > In some hours there may be new packages in the published repos on
> > PMBS and a little while later on the mirrors.
>
> Again, I'm not talking about the mirrors ;)

Yes, you are right, and I just have had a look at the uploading workflow.

PMBS did everything right, apart from the obspublisher service, which
did not acknogledge finishing of builds in Multimedia's
openSUSE_Tumbleweed repo. I do not know why, as all status files looked
ok. I guess, that the stalled/delayed publish_hook we use for uploading
published PMBS-repos to packman.links2linux.de (due to the initial
problem fixed by Marc on Wednesday) blocked the obspublisher service for
the specific repo. I cannot reproduce this behavior, but as there are
several design shortcomings in the obs services regarding locking,
logging and manageability, I will put that to the "sh*t happens" stack.

Thank you for your patience so far, I have restarted the obspublisher
service around 9:25 a.m. CEST today and it immediately published the
repo and uploaded it for distribution to the mirrors.

I hope everything is back in good working order,
greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Botter zu Hause