[packman] youtube-dl replacement

Mathias Homann Mathias.Homann at opensuse.org
Tue Jan 4 16:19:32 CET 2022

Am 04.01.2022 um 15:03 schrieb Eric Schirra:
> Am Dienstag, 4. Januar 2022, 13:59:10 CET schrieb Mathias Homann:
>> Am Montag, 20. Dezember 2021, 08:36:28 CET schrieb Mathias Homann:
>>> I'm going to work on having my autobuild method work with the new
>>> sources as well - might take a few days or so.
>> I have a working package in https://pmbs.links2linux.de/package/show/
>> home:lemmy04:branches:Multimedia/youtube-dl, the automated building similar
>> to what is happening with Multimedia/youtube-dl works.
>>
>> I think we should switch - the original youtube-dl seems to be abandoned...
> Think not.
>
> http://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/
> https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/

You're actually proving *my* point here: the original youtube-dl has
seen *three* commits since the middle of the summer, and two of them
were documentation. The fork yt-dlp has seen 29 commits only in the last
three days, and two actual releases since the middle of december - looks
much more active to me, especially when you remember how active the
original youtube-dl used to be, with sometimes more than one release per
day.

Cheers

MH

--

Mathias Homann
Mathias.Homann at openSUSE.org
Jabber (XMPP): lemmy at tuxonline.tech
IRC: [Lemmy] on freenode and ircnet (bouncer active)
keybase: https://keybase.io/lemmy
gpg key fingerprint: 8029 2240 F4DD 7776 E7D2 C042 6B8E 029E 13F2 C102