[packman] vlc package issue?

Cecil King cek333 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 7 14:23:16 CEST 2022

  Hello, I hope all is well. (Sorry for sending an empty email previously ... I accidentally hit the keyboard hotkeys for sending.)

I've installed vlc 3.0.17.4-7.5 from the packman repository.(I also have the same version of the following packages installed: libvlc5, libvlccore9, vlc-codec-gstreamer, vlc-codecs, vlc-noX, vlc-qt, and vlc-vdpau)

> lsb_release -a
LSB Version:    n/a
Distributor ID: openSUSE
Release:        20220805

I'm trying to use the web interface of vlc (https://wiki.videolan.org/documentation:modules/http_intf/) but I'm unable to connect to http://127.0.0.1:8080.

In the vlc log I get the following errors:
lua error: Error loading script /usr/lib64/vlc/lua/intf/http.luac: /usr/lib64/vlc/lua/intf/http.luac: version mismatch in precompiled chunk
lua error: Error loading script /usr/lib64/vlc/lua/sd/jamendo.luac: /usr/lib64/vlc/lua/sd/jamendo.luac: version mismatch in precompiled chunk
lua error: Error loading script /usr/lib64/vlc/lua/sd/icecast.luac: /usr/lib64/vlc/lua/sd/icecast.luac: version mismatch in precompiled chunk

The http interface relies on lua, so perhaps this may be why the web interface is not working?

According to this thread (https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc/-/issues/14146) these errors may be package issues.

Thanks,
Cecil.