[packman] chromium-ffmpeg-extra

Carsten Ziepke kieltux at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 20:28:57 CEST 2021

On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 11:34:12 +0200
Iron Bone <iron.bone at wp.pl> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Hi, I have a question. Would be possible to prepare a new version of
> chromium-ffmpeg-extra
>
> The current one is no more compatible with the opera browser
>
> I.B.

Hello Iron,

did make some progress with chromium-ffmpeg-extra. The lib works now
for some days here without any trouble on openSUSE Leap 15.2 with Opera
79.0.4143.22 (based on Chromium 93.0.4577.63).

What I did...
1. Made a link project in packman to chromium package at
openSUSE.org:network:chromium (version 93.0.4577.82)
2. Some spec file fine tuning to just build libffmpeg.
3. Did a request: https://pmbs.links2linux.de/request/show/5453

Bye,
Carsten
--
The only other people who might benefit from Linux8086 would be owners
of PDP/11's and other roomsized computers from the same era.