[packman] Freezing aMule

Maciej Pilichowski bantu at poczta.fm
Sat Nov 6 17:42:27 CET 2021

Hello,

  Currently I am running openSUSE Leap 15.3 with aMule
2.3.3.20210426.6d4c03b00-pm153.1.5.x86_64 but this problem was
present in older version and also in packages in other distro as
well.

  Some time after starting aMule there is message like:
GLib-CRITICAL **: 18:35:18.143: Source ID 30075 was not found when
attempting to remove it

at this point window is no longer refreshed, it is not responsive, and
amule starts eating all memory.

This problem was reported some time ago, for example:
http://bugs.amule.org/view.php?id=1802

However in this report:
https://github.com/amule-project/amule/issues/289#issuecomment-932592815

reporter also wrote the package from Ubuntu 21.04 works fine. So far I
don't know what was done to this package, but I can confirm this one
indeed works without problems, I created simple docker image and I am
testing it for almost a month, no issues at all.

I don't know if you can take a peek or contact Ubuntu maintainer of
this package what was done there, it could be beneficial to openSUSE
package for sure.

Kind regards,
--
http://przypadkopis.wordpress.com/