[packman] PMBS: Multimedia repo publishing

packman at howorth.org.uk packman at howorth.org.uk
Sun Mar 21 18:15:05 CET 2021

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 10:31:18 +0100
Stefan Botter <jsj at jsj.dyndns.org> wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>Am Samstag, den 20.03.2021, 13:46 +0100 schrieb Stefan Botter:
>:
>> Building has started again about half an hour ago.
>> If the key-juggling was successful, we will see once a whole
>> repository of the Multimedia project has finished building and
>> staging to packman.links2linux.de is finished. I will have a look at
>> the log files there later today.
>
>... well - "tomorrow" would have been correct :)
>
>The good news: it is working!
>The bad news: All packages in project Multimedia built between Feb 24th
>and Mar 20th, and have not been changed to cause a rebuild - either
>through a commit or an upstream dependency change, are still signed
>with the temporary key not accepted by packman's re-signer, and are
>hence not published.

Would it be sensible/feasible/desirable to add a fake
'destination-packman' dependency to all multimedia packages that are to
be published on packman? Then in any similar circumstances a rebuild of
all packman packages could be triggered by touching/updating the
dependency. Or is a complete rebuild of Multimedia the sensible
long-term solution?