[packman] Avidemux

Carsten Ziepke kieltux at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 18:12:42 CET 2021

On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 11:18:36 +0100
Edgar Aichinger <edogawa at aon.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, 15. März 2021, 12:55:27 CET schrieb Spielmops:
> > I just updated my Opensuse Leap from 15.1 to 15.2 and noticed, that
> > I have Avidemux with version 2.7.6 from Packman installed.. This
> > version is no longer available from Packman but the outdated
> > version 2.5.6. Does anyone knows the reason, why the newer version
> > is no longer on Packman?
>
> If I understand your situation correctly, it is like this:
>
> 1. avidemux versions > 2.5.6 are being packaged as a different
> package avidemux3 (currently at 2.7.8) see
> https://pmbs.links2linux.de/package/show/Multimedia/avidemux3[1]
>
> 2. since the recent server migration packman's main mirror inode.at
> is inaccessible with 403, and the other mirrors seem to be unable to
> sync everything correctly I've switched my zypper repo url from inode
>  to gwgd, and still miss quite some packages. From
> http://packman.links2linux.org/mirrors[2] you can browse all the
> mirrors and see what's available, but I haven't found avidemux3 in
> those I looked at (except the taiwan one which keeps older package
> versions of everything, but doesn't show a recent avidemux3)

I see something similar for e.g. for grip on openSUSE Leap 15.2 (same
for Tumbleweed).

In Packman OBS you can find grip 4.2.0 for openSUSE Leap 15.2.

On all mirrors you only find grip-lang-4.1.1-pm152.1.3.noarch.rpm
(in packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_15.2/Multimedia/noarch/).

But no binary package
(packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_15.2/Multimedia/x86_64/)

Thanks for resolving this issue.

Carsten

--
The state of some commercial Un*x is more unsecure than any Linux box
without a root password...