[packman] kodi and kernel crash

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Sun Mar 14 16:00:45 CET 2021

Hi Carlos,

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021, 14:33:09 +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is something in kodi that causes a kernel crash.
>
> Using kodi-18.9-pm152.3.1.x86_64 on Leap 15.2. Listening to internet
> radio, using "radio" addon (Tristan Fischer, enen92). I use typically the
> same two stations.
>
> I am listening, and suddenly the audio gets on a loop of one or two
> seconds. Keyboard locks, no response to pings. I have to powercycle to get
> out, but if I do nothing the machine reboots on its own. There is nothing
> on logs, the system has no chance to write anything.

I think I can confirm similar behaviour, however it occured to me when
watching local videos or pictures (with moving and zoom effects
enabled) while playing back mp3 music. Trouble really is that it does
not happen on a regular basis.  What graphics hardware do you use? I
have only Intel Graphics here.  FWIW, it didn't happen with Kodi 19 yet.

> [...]
> If you have ideas on how to get more information on the issue, please
> tell. Or if you want some other information, like hardware or
> whatever, just ask :-)
>

> -- Cheers / Saludos,
>
>                  Carlos E. R.  (from 15.1 x86_64 at Telcontar)

Cheers.

l8er
manfred