[packman] chromium-ffmpeg-extra in OpenSUSE Tumbleweed: how is libffmpeg.so loaded?

Dimitrios Apostolou jimis at gmx.net
Mon Jan 18 21:36:51 CET 2021

On Mon, 18 Jan 2021, Olaf Hering wrote:

> Am Fri, 15 Jan 2021 09:40:16 +0100 (CET)
> schrieb Dimitrios Apostolou <jimis at gmx.net>:
>
>> chromium 87
>> chromium-ffmpeg-extra 69
>
> It was only required in old versions of chromium.
>
> I think this package can be removed, Leap versions with chromium 69 are EOL.

Oh, I wish I knew that. Many articles and forum pages point to installing
this package for enabling all codecs.

Unfortunately as the others said, the package is still needed for
chromium-derived browsers so it can't be removed.

The mystery remains about why Teams is not working, but at least I know
now that this package has nothing to do with it.

Thanks everyone for the responses!
Dimitris